Thursday, September 27, 2012

[How-to] Solve different base logs

This is going to be the first of many (hopefully) articles about how to do ALEKS and general math topics, both for you and for me, hopefully it will make me remember it longer... I'll fill these out as I come to them so if there is one you need feel free to contact me.

log59
This is asking for the logarithm, not going to explain what that is..., in base 5, if it is not notated with a different number it is assumed to be asking for base 10. For both base 10 and base n (where n is any number) this can be done on a calculator.


                               log59 =



 log59 = 1.365...

Also on wolframalpha you can solve this type of problem by formatting it like this:

log base 5 of 9


I hopefully will find a better way to do the fraction notation, it's either do it in pictures or x/y, neither of which look all that good.

Comments, questions, or suggestions? Leave them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment